Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's Friday

Today is always Frank's day off. It is always a weird day because I always think in the back of my mind it's Saturday. I always seem to get up before he does because I walk at 7 am. So, because I had Chemo at 8:30 I woke up at 6 am, did a load of wash and put it in the dryer. Breakfast was old-fashioned oatmeal with raisins, blueberries and half a banana. I knew if I didn't eat early I wouldn't get breakfast and I'm a person who is big on breakfast.Then I put this creme that deadens the port so they can access it 2 hrs. later.

Walked my 2 1/2 miles with my walking partner, gathered up reading books and packed some cut up watermelon, and left at 8:05 for my 3:30 appt. They have to test the blood to see how high my creatine (kidney) counts are. If they are too high they can't give me the bone strengthening drug called Zometa. Well, today it was the highest it has been since I started Chemo, 1.8. They cannot administer the Zometa as it is hard on the kidneys. So I tried to find something positive after the disappointment. ( I really did drink a lot of water before 8:30 am, but I don't understand why it is so high) I had a pity party for about 10 minutes and then did the self-talk. "At least I get to go home early today. I was out of there in 45 minutes!

Then it was off to the Marysville Travel Agency to pick up some brochures for a friend who decorates a window in the Senior Center where she lives. They asked me if I was planning a cruise for this year or next. I said next because I really didn't know what to say. I thought I could sneakily go in and take some and leave. No, that wasn't the case. She proceeded to take me to a overly large map on the wall and show me all the different routes. She also reminded me that hurricane season in July through September.

So 20 minutes later I am at Winco to pick up some things for lunch Our bishop and the elders are meeting over lunch to discuss a new plan for missionary work in the ward. My husband is the WMLeader and I am a ward missionary. I forgot that I promised a student I would stop by and pick up a check on the way home.

I got home around 11:30 and decided to fix Thai stir-fry with fresh ginger and oyster sauce and Thai rice noodles. I got out my Wok and for some strange reason could not find my plug-in for it so I cooked the stir-fry in my regular big fry pan. I added some frozen broccoli from last summer and lots of fresh grated ginger and garlic. I cut up a mini watermelon from Costco and added Costco green grapes to the bunch. Dessert I whipped up quickly and put in the fridge to cool; instant chocolate pudding with no fat cool whip. There was plenty of stir-fry left over because I always make so much, but none of the green grapes. The chocolate pudding was scarfed down quickly.

I took copious notes on what the men said so Frank and I could review it at a later time. Luckily my loving Husb. did all the dishes while I ran downstairs to rest and read my book. I have fallen in love with a new author, Diane Mott Davidson. She writes clean novels with a baking flair about a caterer. The one I just finished is called Fatally Flakey. All her novels have something in the title to do with baking which I love. some of the other books she has authored are "Sweet Revenge, Dark Tort, and Double Shot." She is quite a prolific author and most of her books I can check out from the library. Yeah!

Frank took a short nap while I finished my book and we took off with leftovers from lunch to eat while we were babysitting little Ben, Michele's son. Dave and Chelle had a temple wedding to attend and reception and went out to dinner.

We watched "The Lightning Thief, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." Both movies were very entertaining. Both of my 10 year old nephews recently read "The Lightning Thief, " so it was fun to see what they loved about it.

10:00 pm Dave and Chelle arrived home and we called my piano student's parents who allowed us to drop by at 10:25 pm and pick up the check.

Now it almost 1:15 and I'm whiling away the time 'cause I can't sleep. I think I sort of feel a teensy weensy bit tired, cause I've got to walk at 7 am. I usually can get up after not much sleep because I'm still wired with energy from the steroids in the chemo.

How's that for a busy day. Whew, it makes me tired just reading it!

3 comments:

Marianne Thelin said...

Julie, thanks for the post, what a busy day! Sorry you couldn't get the chemo, always is disappointing when things don't go as planned...when do you go back? You have a great attitude! Keep on trucking!

beverly said...

You were sure wired alright I couldn't keep up with my young Sister. The books sound like really interesting ones to read. Keep smiling through all your trials.Love you.

POP POP said...

We Love you Julie! Stay Wired. Your life is so busy and fun to hear about. James and I were interviewed by the recruiters for THE BIGGEST LOSER today at the NBC studios, Channel 5 in SLC. We realy hammed it up. Then they instantly called us to come in for a second interview and video taping next wednesday. Life is so fun sometimes. I was supporting James in his quest to be on tht show...but they want me too.....