Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day in the Life

This has been a whirlwind week with lots of things going on.

Helen Pearson and I continue our walking 45 min. to 1 hr. Monday through Saturday. We have measured ourselves and hope to report good things. Helen has worked up to 4 times around the development. I always go one more than her because I walk over to her house exactly west of me. If she gets three laps then I do four. The past few days I have been in a hurry because I was late so I wanted to see how far I could run without stopping. At first it was a measly short distance and I was winded. Each day I can make it farther and farther. Today I made it 3/4 of the way to her house without stopping. Tomorrow I will try to jog the entire distance. It was hot even at 7:30 this morning. We will walk at 7 am tomorrow with this heat.

Wednesdays are my piano and voice lesson days. I start at 8:30 am. They are mostly in the morning, but I have about three that are afternoon and an evening lesson. I have one voice student that just started last month. I wish I had more than one voice student, but I also love the challenge of picking music for the beginning and advanced piano students.

I also got some housecleaning energy and actually vacuumed most of the house. It doesn't get as dirty with just two of us. So vacumming isn't as often.

I am reading a wonderful novel by Nicholas Sparks, "A Message in a Bottle." I get a lot of reading in when I am at Chemo Tuesdays and Fridays. I met a wonderful woman Tuesday at chemo. She has breast cancer, but not the kind that you can feel a lump. She just had pain and asked them to do a mammogram. They operated in April. She lost her hair and it is just coming back in. She was getting this terrible looking red drug. It the nurse spills it they do a lock down. I wonder what it does to her insides? She still has 37 days of radiation ahead of her. When I told her the story behind my sickness she said. "Man, I don't have it so bad, and you're still here!

She gave me the name of a on-line faith healer. I thanked her nicely, but will most likely not pursue that end!

My goal this year is to be cancer free so Frank and I can apply to teach English in China. Last time I had chemo it took care of the little friends in four months. My four months of Chemo will be over by August and we have to send the application in by September. Whew, that is going to be close. Pray that I can be rid of these suckers by next month!

I'm trying to be good, really I am! It just so hard to be good. (Ice cream with fresh raspberries at 10 pm)




1 comment:

beverly said...

You have been through a lot Sister, Ice Cream and Fresh Raspberries are your reward for walking so much each day.You deserve it.