Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Update

This week I decided that it was time to step it up a bit. I decided to walk outside every day, not far but just walk a little distance. I feel like that has toned my back muscles because I don't have as many back spasms. I still have them to some degree but the pain is less.

I had chemo yesterday and saw the oncologist. He told me something very shocking. When people have kidney failure there is a 50/50 chance that the kidneys will come back to normal. He said there are people he is treating with myeloma who are having chemo and at the same time are on dialysis. I am so lucky, no blessed to have a ward family that fasted and prayed for my recovery and so many of your prayers were heard!!!

Yesterday we went to see our grandkids before treat or treat and they weren't dressed in their costumes yet. But we know there was a cheerleader, a ghoul, a character from scream, and a skeleton. So they must have been quite a sight to behold. The family had a bout of the flu go through the family this week but by Friday everyone seemed to be healthy again!!!

Today and yesterday were red-letter days for me. I vacuumed the stairs without a lot of back spasms. This morning at 10 we saw our grandson play flag football and he enjoyed having us there.

Later, until next time

1 comment:

Jerai Moulton said...

Aunt Julie,
I am so glad that my Mom and Dad told me about your blog. I have been thinking about you a lot and your family over the last couple of months, and I'm glad to be able to know better how you are all doing. You are such a strong person and a wonderful example to me! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful example in my life! We'll continue to keep you and your family in our prayers!