Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Start

Sunday night Kali and Jennifer and Ethan dropped by and brought me some sweet presents for my b-day. One of the special items was a necklace with three medalions that said, "Faith, Hope, Love." Those three qualities are what I need the most right now. Cinnamon candles are scenting my living room thanks to Kali. Also the giant chocolate bar and icing scented lip gloss were not too shabby! Thanks Kali!!!

Monday was my birthday and my friends took me to a local Mexican restaurant for lunch. I had my usual favorite, Super burrito with a topping of guacomole and sour cream." We visited for about an hour and a half. It was so fun and all eight of my favorite people were there!
Then we went to Rite Aid since they had laundry soap on sale, and there they were, all the Christmas items you with which you could be dazzled and only three days after Halloween! It makes me cringe that they put out Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. I guess most people are not like me. They like to shop early!!!

That afternoon I had one lesson and it was nice to make a new start. I got that enthusiasm for what I greatly love to do and that is to teach!!!

David and Rachel called and it was nice to hear from them too. I don't like that I don't have all my family close by, but phone calls keep us in touch!

That night Frank and Brent took me to Red Robin, our favorite hangout. I had a free coupon. I told the waitress I did not want to be sung to, but they did anyway and brought me a hot fudge sundae, which I could not eat cause I was too full!!! Brent instantly volunteered to eat it for me. Thanks Brent!

Tuesday my daughter Michelle called and she took me to lunch at a local restaurant called the "Chatterbox." It specializes in Thai, Indian and American food. We both liked the food there. Chelle got me a CD that I really liked (Classical). How did she know I needed Mary Kay stuff, Extra Emollient Night Cream and Eye Mask? Thanks Chelle. We really enjoyed our time shopping at Costco and she delivered me to my Chemo appointment.

Eric and Heather called that same day thinking my birthday was the 4th. He had it on his PD for the wrong day! I appreciated their thoughtfulness.

This morning I felt almost normal. I completed two loads of wash, folded and put them away, vacuumed the living room and family room and even had time to get my nails done and load the dishwasher and run it. These are ordinary run of the mill jobs that you all take for granted. These things I have not been able to do for 1 1/2 months! So be continually grateful for what you CAN do. You never know when it may be taken away!!

This afternoon I had four lessons. It could have been five, but she came and said she was sick with a cough and runny nose. I told her I would see her when she got well. I can't afford to come in contact with sick people when my counts are down. I guess it is my "new normal."

But tonight I am a little more tired than usual, but it's a good tired!

1 comment:

Marianne Thelin said...

New starts are great! Happy Birthday....late:) I am sorry we are so pathetic and keeping track of everyone...glad you had a nice day. I'll have to try to remember your birthday is exactly one week before my mom's; she just turned 86Hope you have a healthy, happy year!