Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Favorite Grandson

Ben and Chelle came up today since we were going to Stanwood's High School graduation. Fridays we sometimes go to Chelle and Dave's and babysit. We went to lunch at "The Chatter Box" restaurant in town. It has won best Stanwood restaurant for the last two years.

Ben had been a little clingy today so Chelle said we might have to leave early. We sat down ordered out of the menu while he obediently drank his bottle. After we ordered he was finished and wanted no more of his high chair. Michelle tried to hold him, but he is very active and just wanted to get down. I went to the waiter and asked if we could get it to go. Five minutes later it was done and packaged.
We went home and ate our lovely lunch. Both of us like Thai and Michelle got her favorite, Chicken Basil and I got Pad Thai Mee or something like that. It had wide noodles instead of the thin.
Ben was thoroughly content to play with the toys in the family room while we leisurely ate. It was so much better than if we had stayed at the restaurant! He thought the Jack-in-the box was funny and was not scared of it one bit.
I love the big, big brown eyes! They get me everytime! I'm falling for you sweet Benjamin!

Funny thing about grandchildren. The one you're with is always your favorite. Isn't there a song called "Love the one you're with?" Well, that's me I guess.




1 comment:

POP POP said...

What a cute little boy. You sure know how to make em. Keep em coming kids. We sure love the grandkids. Yes, they are each one our favorites.

Jay & Dana