Thursday, June 17, 2010

Avocado Ice Cream

Avocado Ice Crem

2 cups avocado pulp (about 4 medium avocados, seeded and peeled) pushed through a sieve or food mill to remove any fibers.

1/4 teaspoon of salt

2 1/2 cups of sugar

1 cup pineapple juice

2 oranges, juiced

2 limes, juiced

1 pint milk or coconut milk

Combine all ingredients, except the milk, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Gradually stir in the milk until you have a smooth mixture.

Pour into your ice cream freezer and crank away for a delicious dessert, of which all parts are edible.


4 comments:

Scott and Lori Smith said...

Oh this sounds dangerous! Sounds too good to be true!

Tiffany said...

I wonder if my husband will let me make this, he said it sounds weird. Tell us how does it taste?

Chelle said...

I think it sounds weird too, but I'm drawn to the electric green color of the ice cream.

Frank and Julie said...

Have not tried it, but I hope to.