Friday, September 10, 2010

Trip to Wenatchee with Adyson

Adyson and I both wore pink on purpose so we could match! So of course we had to take a picture. Dear sweet Ady. We love her so much.
Adyson is with us for daycare on Mondays and Fridays starting with the Friday because her brothers all are in school. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday she is in a daycare/preschool for the social benefit of being with other children.


It was cloudy when we left Stanwood and rained a little bit on Stevens Pass.
I now know why I love the NW so much. The beauty of the mountains and the evergreens is phenomenal.
Pine trees growing right up the side of the mountain. They don't care as long as Mother Nature gives them plenty of water.
I wanted to get these line of trees on the very top of the mountain, but what I got was an awesome view of the change from overcast to sunny. It was very sudden. All at once the sun was upon us.
My uncle Rex is my real Mom's half brother. He and his wife Ella (as in Enchanted?) welcomed us and we had a nice visit. They even had great grandkids for Ady to play with so she disappeared for nice little while to have some kid's fun.
Their grandson, Lance Larson went to Taiwan, China on his mission and then went back to teach in a private high school while at BYU. So we had plenty of questions for him.
Ella is 81 and Rex is turning 84 in Dec. She had a reoccurence of breast cancer from 25 years ago and just had a mastecomy in May. Rex has congestive heart disease. He recently spent a few days in the hospital in Wenatchee so they could drain the excess fluid from his body that had accumlated. He was on water pills, but even then his legs were very, very swollen. He is also on oxygen. When we came in there were 25 foot long tubes for his oxygen canister so he could travel around his big rambler at will even with the oxygen hooked up. He now is on two water pills a day. Ella says they are both slowing down a lot. Still they manage to do the peach orchard (a small one). They are amazing people and I am proud to be related. He is also the Patriarch in their stake.
Leavenworth is a resort town where most of the buildings are built like an old German town. This is one example.
We had to make the token stop at McDonalds so Adyson could have a Happy Meal. The Heltons kept telling me she looks so much like me.
Anyway, the long and short of it is we got 4 boxes of peaches, two of which are going to my friend Cindy. I've decided to take it easier this year and not can. So we will eat them. They pick them ripe off the tree and they are huge. Guess what we will be eating and sharing with our friends for the next two weeks. I may freeze some to have in cobblers.



1 comment:

beverly said...

I wondered where you disapeared to this weekend. Glad you had a good visit with Rex and Ella.Plus the bonus of fresh peaches to eat. wish I was closer to enjoy the Peaches too.