Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ladies Night Out

We had Relief Society meeting which I think should be called "Ladies Night Out." It was potluck most people brought main dishes or desserts. There was one salad and not very good. We had an interesting quinoa, black beans and corn that was great. Teriyaki meatballs were a hit. I did take tuna caserole, but, at the last minute added fresh mushrooms. One of the sisters there said her favorite meal is tuna caserole but her family doesn't like it. I must have been inspired. Adyson and I had leftovers for lunch and I took the rest to feed Benjamin and I for dinner. It's all gone now.

We had a clothing exchange and I took a lot of clothes. Someone had given me a two expensive women's suits which were both too short for my tastes. Both of those went to the same woman which made me happy. I found some girl clothes for Adyson, my grandaughter and for myself.

We played a game called Apples and Apples that was pretty fun. There were only 12 of us there at first and then three more people arrived bringing more desserts so, of course we had to go try their additions.

I'm kinda bummed cause my walking partner tweeked her knee somehow. So I haven't walked since last Thursday. Shame on me.

Good news though; Frank is now walking a couple of times around the development. He comes home at night and before he even comes in the house so I know he's home he's out walking. I'm so proud of him. He is getting ready and fit for when we hopefully go to China.



No comments: