Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bountiful Beautiful Foods

Color in nature is so dramatic. These pears look like giant lemons they are so yellow.
This was a pork chow mein that I enhanced by adding Kale, Swiss Chard, and Parsley. I steamed the three greens for 7 minutes and added to the leftover chow mein. It has given me two meals and I still have more left!
Kale is a super vegetable with many more nutrients than even spinach. For breakfast I also stir fry these three greens and onion, then add scrambled eggs and a sprinkling of grated cheese. Yesterday I wrapped the scrambled egg mixture and had a breakfast burrito. It was yummy.

When we went to Wenatchee, my Uncle Rex gave us a whole box of free pears. They are ripening fast so every day I have to eat at least one. I have given 3/4 of the box away since I am not doing any canning this year.
Melt in your mouth goodness and so little calories! If only I could eat natural sugar ALL the time!

Tomorrow is our Relief Society meeting. We are having a pot-luck dinner and game night. I plan on going - what to make though. I'm leaning toward a tuna noodle caserole; simple and quick. I bought some whole wheat pasta noodles at QFC tonight so I think I'll try them.





No comments: