Monday, April 11, 2011

Re-Planting the Poppies

One of my "Hens and Chicks" plants
I have two containers of Thyme that I divided out of my raised bed, so I dry a lot of it and use it in soups. As you notice, it's also very decorativePansies that have over-wintered in a one of my tubs.
The two pots of Poppies seem a little bedraggled from all the fuss, but they are as hardy as a weed. That's exactly why I keep them in pots, so they don't overgrow everything. In a pot they are very contained.

Four Elders came on P-Day to transplant my poppy plant. It was in a half barrel where the wood was beginning to rot away. The plan was to transplant into two different black plastic tubs. They did a wonderful job. After they had done that I asked them to empty my black tubs with soil into the landscape where the soil had become very scant.

In May, a store in town is having its' annual fill all your containers with dirt for free, if you buy plants for them. So, thus, out with the old and in with the new. Now I have some big containers in my garage waiting to be filled next month.

No comments: