Saturday, April 9, 2011

Comings and Goings

In between the rainstorms I ran outside before the tulips went away to snap a photo. I have clustered these three tubs together to make a more impressive display.
Fred Meyer has an annual bring your pots to fill with free dirt, buy some fuschias and other plant starts and they will plant them there at the store. This is the fuschia hanging planter that I hope will give some great color by July.
These geranims were planted in these buckets. I might replant them in pots, but I didn't have the pots with me to fill.
Friday was such a beautiful, sunny day that Eric's family and Chelle and Benjamin decided, along with the whole rest of Seattle, to get out of our houses and enjoy the weather. The masses of people at the zoo reminded me of scurrying ants after a rain. People were everywhere. Strollers were everywhere. By the end of the day, and after all that walking, I had very sore muscles. Bed was a welcome friend that night!

I took this with my I-pod camera of Owen clowning around.
Benjamin getting in his car seat. He wants to see the animals at the Zoo. He has books that he loves to read about the animals. He really enjoyed the penguins, the bears and the red panda (looks like a raccon with panda eyes).
Did someone say the sun is shining!!!!!



2 comments:

beverly said...

Is the SUN SHINING now? Did you take that photo of yourself? Funny.

Marianne Thelin said...

Friday was beautiful in Portland as well....we need more of that sun around here....maybe a few days in a row would be nice!