Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow, snow, snow

Terrin 9 yrs and Colin, 5 1/2 yrs. stayed the night last night. We all went to the Christmas party at church where they got to tell Santa Claus what they wanted. We had a great ham dinner and everyone brought their favorite Christmas dessert.

It was lightly snowing during the party and we all took off for home quickly after it was over. The next morning we had 4-6 inches of snow and all church meetings were canceled. So we played board games and did puzzles. Breakfast was blueberry pancakes and lunch was casadillas and peaches and pears. Amazing how grandkids love to eat.

I found some Christmas storybooks that I had on hand, one of which was Brian Wildsmiths "Twelve Days of Christmas" which Terrin insisted I sing with him. I later found him with the book singing it by himself. It was quite a sight to behold.

Terrin kept going out on the deck and scooping up snow in a glass and eating it. I suggested we make sugar cookies as I had a mix from Costco where you just add eggs and butter. It was relatively easy and we had them rolled out and cut and baked by the time Eric arrived to pick them up.

This ole grandma is exhausted tonight so I'm going to call it a night.

1 comment:

SBrooks said...

Take it esay Auntie! That is a ton of activities, even for me!