Sunday, April 13, 2008

Surgery Week Yea! (Not)

Monday afternoon April 7th I had the dreaded Colonoscopy. My visiting teaching companion, Robbin Foules drove me to Everett since I couldn't drive after the operation. The usual IV was administered to put me out and before I knew it the whole thing was over and I was in recovery. The good news is they didn't find anything wrong and the better good news is I do not have to undergo this for another 10 years!!!! To all those who are fearing such an ordeal, it's not that bad. There other things out there way worse. That same day Frank received the results of his MRI for his Brain Tumor. In two months the tumor has not grown so they are sure it is NOT malignant. That was super news. Now we wait to hear what they will do next. Shunt maybe?
Thursday, April 10th, Frank had shoulder surgery to take off bone spurs that had been causing much pain. He has three miniature holes in his shoulder with one stitch in each. The surgeon did microscopic surgery so after three days Frank is off his Percecet. The operation was successful and they gave him a shot of cortisone in his other shoulder which isn't as bad.
Tonight Michelle and Dave Goodwin came for Sunday dinner. I fixed Sweet and Sour Chicken. It was delicious and Dave and Chelle each took some home for lunch tomorrow!
It is alway fun to visit with them one on one. Dave and Frank launch into legal talk and sometimes Chelle and I just listen cause it is so interesting.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

That sweet & sour chicken was SO good - I need the recipe!