Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Sun, The Sun, The Sun


It was so great to have one entire sunny day at my disposal.
I gave up the studying on-line for in my backyard.

My project was to string wire for my raspberry vines. I have a raised bed and a row along the back fence. Since I really didn't know what I was doing, it all turned out great in the end. I strung the wire and then proceeded to turn the vine on it's side. After many frustrating tries I finally managed to secure the vine to the wire and it all looks so professional and all. I just had to stand back and admire my two hours of work. I'll really enjoy it in July when I have real raspberries on which to munch.

I did a crazy thing this week. I was going to fertilize the back lawn. I got out the spreader and found that the mechanism to open and close it had rusted. My husband said it was probably because I left the weed and feed in the spreader for six months! No duh!
So, being the stubborn, persistent, and single-minded person that I am, the lawn was fertilized anyway. I have a huge plastic colander. I filled it with weed and feed (about seven pounds worth) and methodically sifted the stuff into the grass. Looking back I think I am a crazy person to have done it that way. It took about an hour and my arms and back let me know they weren't happy! Bright spot, the weeds are dying!

No comments: