Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How Does My Garden Grow?

Blueberries in clusters on my four blueberry bushes! Love the fresh taste right off the bush.
Peaches getting bigger on my two peach trees!

My poppies in my container bloom every spring and are so spectacular. I save the pods with the poppy seeds and share with my neighbors and friends.


We had a zillion and I mean it, bees pollinating our raspberry flowers. The sound of them all sounded like a whole bee-hive was in my backyard.
I just went out today and ate a couple of red, ripe strawberries. One the slugs had eaten part of, so I cut off that part and it was as good as new.
This raised bed is my pea patch. I picked a bunch yesterday for Michelle like they sell in the bags at Costco. There will be more pickings in the next two weeks. I love peas right out of the garden. Half of them never make it indoors. They are devoured by yours truly.

5 comments:

beverly said...

Your garden looks wonderful, Wish I was there to pick raspberries. Love you

Chelle said...

It all looks good enough to eat... well, except the poppies. :)

Lorraine Butler said...

Way to go, Julie. We really do reap what we sow, don't we?

Tiffany said...

what a lovely garden. We got ours in a bit late so we will be behind on the bounties.

POP POP said...

LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL GARDEN. You are so blessed with a great harvest. Enjoy your reward. Wish I was there to eat some...Maybe we will show up at harvest time...We are going to Portland to stay a week or so...to tend Tiffany's little kids while the rest of them are in Disneyworld. Hope to see you. Bro Jay