Friday, January 30, 2009

Endless

I saw the Physiatrist today about my back. He showed Frank and I pictures of my MRI results. He said the spine is healing nicely. Because I had pain in my legs he expected to find the spinal cord being pinched by one of the compressed vertebre. However he was very puzzled to find the spinal cord was NOT being pinched at all. This didn't explain away the nerve pain in my legs.

So he said my case was quite a puzzle! I was the most puzzling case all week and today was the last day of the week! LOL He was a pretty funny doctor. I will give him that.

Frank, being his lawyer self asked how they could get this strange MRI view of the spinal cord and the doc said,
"You're not going to ask me how an MRI works are you?" and Frank said "Yes."
So he proceeded to tell us how an MRI worked with Proton talk and 3D talk that went way over my head!

So after the whole visit stuff he gave me the option of going home and doing nothing vs. a bone scan and a nerve conduction test. So, knowing myself I opted for doing something and going with the tests.
This Tuesday is the bone scan and he 24th of February is the nerve testing.
So just keep me in your prayers.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Good luck I hope the pain leaves you and you are no longer a puzzling case. Just a happy lady who is pain free.