Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Flowers

The ever bloomin' petunias. Gotta love em'.
This is the front door view of my home. "FLOWERS FEED THE SOUL!"
I love summer time for that very reason. And now in August that we have temperatures at 70 or above the flowers are responding so well.
I have never had such great luck with geraniums. They are blooming and more buds coming on all the time.
Dianthus and carnations with geraniums.
I don't remember what kind of rose, but this is my only rose in my garden. Living in the NW I have a lot of rose rust that attacks the rose leaves. So I usually just finally dig up my roses. This one has lasted three years.
A lighter color orange crocasima, planted as a bulb.
The humming birds love this one with its brightly colored orange flowers. This "Crocosima, " is planted as a bulb.
The favorite hanging fuschia basket I try to hang every year always feeds my soul as I always walk past it every time I leave the house and return.

I don't know what this is. but it came with the tulips I planted last year.
Beautiful fragrant Phlox, a perenia,l that comes in bloom every summer.
Bee balm is another perenial that the bees do literally love. I counted 3 bees at one time getting nectar from the flowers.



1 comment:

beverly said...

Your flowers are beautiful this year. Love them.