Monday, March 30, 2009

The Cat Mystery




I planted peas February 2nd, the earliest that I have planted peas. Then I will plant more this week to have peas all summer long. However, the neighbor's cat had been using my raised bed for a bathroom all winter. So I got the brilliant idea from a gardener of 29 years to stick the potty soil with sticks sticking straight up in the air. The cat has not since stepped foot in my pea patch!
I think I won the cat war!
The raised bed above is before I prepared it for planting.
For those who think that the NW never has sun, notice the peach tree backed by intense blue sky. That picture was taken in February 2009.

1 comment:

beverly said...

Great way to rid the cats out of your garden.Did you use more than one stick? Love you Where is your life story now.?